I very often have couple shoots in Alfama, and very often my clients ask me the same very question after the shoot – “Do you know any good places nearby to have a coffee and some snack?” 🙂 So, in this blog post I’m gonna share the best Alfama brunch cafes (in my opinion of course). I’ve lived in this neighbourhood for almost 4 years, so I know it pretty well.
Alfama Brunch Spots
- Maria Limão – one of the best Alfama brunch cafes for me! They have amazing crepes with different healthy stuffings. You can also enjoy natural juices, smoothies, oatmeal, yoghurt with granola, and homemade desserts. Another benefit is their affordable prices compared to other brunch cafes.
- Cafe Aberto – cute coffee spot close to Miradouro Senhora do Monte. They offer breakfast and brunch menu with pancakes, croissants, toasts, tapiocas, eggs etc. By the way they make delicious granola, which could be even bought as take-away.
- Copenhagen Coffee Lab – coffee chain in Lisbon. Great coffee and their own bakery (quite a big choice, such as croissants, sandwiches, toasts, pastries, healthy snacks etc.). Moreover, there is a more complete package brunch option if you’re really hungry.
- Curva – this place is like an art gallery, but also a place to enjoy a snack or a brunch. Or even work remotely. Try their granola bowls, avocado toasts, pastries, juices, iced tea as well as other things.
- Alô Alô – cute small coffee spot near Miradouro Senhora do Monte, perfect for breakfast or brunch. The menu is not so extensive, but there are pancakes, toasts, sandwiches, eggs, and deserts. Definitely enough to restore your energy 🙂
- Basílio – trendy brunch cafe, which is part of Nicolau Cafe. They already have 3 cafes in Lisbon, and one in Porto. This place is for those who enjoy breakfast food at any time of the day. Smoothies, pancakes, morning bowls and salad bowls, toasts, eggs etc.
In addition, if you feel lost on what to visit in Alfama, just check my shortlist here.
m: Daniela & Jorge
“The Buddhists say
if you meet somebody and
your heart pounds, your hands shake,
your knees go weak,
that’s not the one.
When you meet your ‘soul mate’
you’ll feel calm.
No anxiety, no agitation.”